Sunday, October 25, 2009

100% RENEWABLE ENERGY BY 2030

the cover story in the November issue of Scientific American, by a pair of California professors (one from Stanford & another from UC-Davis) is on transitioning worldwide to renewable energy by 2030. it is well worth reading, mainly b/c it lays out such a transition in a very pragmatic fashion I haven't seen elsewhere, tho that could just be b/c I haven't been looking. unfortunately I don't think it's available on their website and I know most people probably don't read physical copies of magazines these days. so here's a synopsis with most of the main points.

I can't vouch for their #s, of course, though one nice thing is that they focused on technologies which exist right now instead of those which may/may not exist in 10 or 15 years. anyway.

No comments: